This topic is locked

Some fields not being searched?

1/19/2017 9:55:30 AM
PHPRunner General questions
B
bioman author

Hi,

I have an "all fields" search box on one of my pages but for some reason it is not searching every field. I have the fields checked under search settings to "include into all fields search" with the default setting of "contains". I have found that it doesn't like to search my subtopics field if the subtopic consists of more than one word. For example, if I search "Genetics" or "Genetics and Meiosis" for the subtopics field, I get no results even though "Genetics and Meiosis" is a subtopic. Why might this be occurring? Is there a way to fix it? Thanks,

Brett

lefty 1/20/2017

Hi,

I have an "all fields" search box on one of my pages but for some reason it is not searching every field. I have the fields checked under search settings to "include into all fields search" with the default setting of "contains". I have found that it doesn't like to search my subtopics field if the subtopic consists of more than one word. For example, if I search "Genetics" or "Genetics and Meiosis" for the subtopics field, I get no results even though "Genetics and Meiosis" is a subtopic. Why might this be occurring? Is there a way to fix it? Thanks,

Brett

Check search suggest in misc tab under search settings . Then It will fill in as you type and you can pick from list . I have same problem the last couple of version's . Weird.

B
bioman author 1/21/2017

Hi John,

Thanks for the idea but I already had this option checked. I discovered that the issue was occurring because I was allowing "multiple selection" in my dropdown box settings in the lookup wizard. I also switched to the default being "equals" instead of "contains" in my search options. Perhaps this will help you too. Best of luck. Thanks,

Brett

Check search suggest in misc tab under search settings . Then It will fill in as you type and you can pick from list . I have same problem the last couple of version's . Weird.