This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

database written

1/16/2017 2:44:25 AM
PHPRunner General questions
P
peterp author

Hi All,

Has anybody experience this situation where we create a new invoice with invoice header and invoice lines (2 different tables) but when we go back to the list option we cannot see the entries. The entries are in the database but are not being listed for some reason. WE are currently using PHPRunner 8.1 with a MYSQL database. There are some entries that are listed showing the header and the individual lines but it seems those we have created are not showing up in the list option and therefore we cannot edit them as we cannot see them.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated

Best Regards,

Peterp

lefty 1/16/2017

Hi All,

Has anybody experience this situation where we create a new invoice with invoice header and invoice lines (2 different tables) but when we go back to the list option we cannot see the entries. The entries are in the database but are not being listed for some reason. WE are currently using PHPRunner 8.1 with a MYSQL database. There are some entries that are listed showing the header and the individual lines but it seems those we have created are not showing up in the list option and therefore we cannot edit them as we cannot see them.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated

Best Regards,

Peterp

Sounds like a security issue to me . How do you have security setup . Static or Dynamic permissions. Check security on the table that is in question. users can see only their data option / etc....

P
peterp author 1/16/2017

Sounds like a security issue to me . How do you have security setup . Static or Dynamic permissions. Check security on the table that is in question. users can see only their data option / etc....

Hi John,

Thanks so much for your reply however I don't have any security on this database and some records that have headers and details can be seen in the list option. I will check the permissions but I'm able write to the tables in question so I would ecpect to be able to read them

Best Regads,

Peterp

admin 1/17/2017

If your SQL query uses INNER JOIN make sure that you add matching records to both tables. Otherwise your query won't return any data.

P
peterp author 1/18/2017

If your SQL query uses INNER JOIN make sure that you add matching records to both tables. Otherwise your query won't return any data.

Hi All,

I have found the solution to my problem both files had matching records written to them so when the database was looked at you could see the newly created records , the problem was that the sql query had tables added to it that weren't being used or written to, so when I removed these tables the list option showed the new records.

Thankyou all for your suggestions and help very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Peterp