This topic is locked

Issues with Freeform Mode

1/3/2017 3:18:03 PM
PHPRunner General questions
R
rgfischerjr author

When editing layouts in Freeform Mode the layout will stop accepting edits and the Freeform button will not 'select' (i.e. no shadow on the button). When this happens - I can select a label or field, the grips show up, but I can't move it.
If I reset the pages - it starts working again. Is this a known issue? If so - what triggers this behavior? Something I can avoid??
Thanks in advance.

lefty 1/5/2017

When editing layouts in Freeform Mode the layout will stop accepting edits and the Freeform button will not 'select' (i.e. no shadow on the button). When this happens - I can select a label or field, the grips show up, but I can't move it.
If I reset the pages - it starts working again. Is this a known issue? If so - what triggers this behavior? Something I can avoid??
Thanks in advance.

What build do you use and version? Assure if you are using 9.6 to use latest build. Also in freeform mode it tends to hesitate a little when switching back and forth between edit page and edit controls, give it time before you start clicking.

if this is not it : then yes if you reset page then you have to basically start over unless you get out of app without saving changes, revisions are quirky with freetranform mode.I have had to do that kills alot of time so take your time when using freeform mode with alot of fields.
As far as your issue

1. If you are in editor and free transform mode shows gray , does not show anything next to it . Try this little trick , click add page then go back to list page and make sure edit page shows next to transform mode and transform mode is blue and not gray. until you see it is blue and edit page logo/button is next to it , then you can click your fields in the grid only and move them. if you have to make changes to other parts of page then just click edit page , ( which then you cannot edit grid at this time until you click edit controls again )