This topic is locked

How to populate data into custom php page

12/20/2016 9:00:12 AM
PHPRunner General questions
J
joshfolgado author

Have been looking for day on how to populate data from PHPRunner onto customer php pages.
There is no documentation explaining how to use the data from PHPRunner and load it onto external pages, using the bootstrap styling.
In short, the project is a PHPRunner project where all the admin and logged in users are able to do whatever tasks, this is working fine.
The issue is with the views for the guest users, where those pages are constructed outside PHPRunner and need to load data from PHPRunner onto selected areas of the page.
Have wasted a few days trying to get it work, to no avail. Without any documentation its guess game.
Can anyone send any example where you populated data from PHPRunner onto external pages?
Your response will be highly appreciated.

T
tiagoperes 12/20/2016

[size="2"]I'm having a similar problem.
There's little documentation on that,

have the feeling the focus is just towards system architecture construction and that's where all the documentation is pointing towards.
You may or may not have already found this page,

but here are some video tutorials by XLineSoft: here
Watched the video "How to integrate PHPRunner application into existing website".

Great, it walked me through the process and isn't that complicated.

For someone who wants to have a more detailed control in the solution, that's where the challenge is.
If the page is static and has no back end functionality, it does not need to be in PHPRunner at all. That's not the case.
Two links about Data Access Layer (DAL) which might or might not be helpful:

Link1

Link2
For more details in my problem, please, checkhere
Greatful for all the help
Tiago Peres[/size]

admin 12/26/2016

I'm afraid you use a wrong approach to this task. If you need to build an external page why would you need PHPRunner at all. PHPRunner gets data from the database and this is what your external page should do.
I would say you have two options here

1. Build an external page that gets data from the database on its own
  2. Or modify of PHPRunner app pages so you can data that PHPRunner retrieves from the database