This topic is locked

Installation Runner on Server2012

11/24/2016 7:26:35 AM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
J
JosefTK author

Hi there,

I cannot install asprunner 9.6 on a Server 2012 R2. The initialization Projects Environment takes days.

Is there a trick I don't know about?

Please help

A
Arkie 11/25/2016

I don't have any tricks to tell you. All I can do is relay my experience. I run all my ASPRunner.net development AND compiled apps on MS 2012 R2 servers. I do the development using the supplied IIS Express on one server and then move apps to a production server running full MS IIS. The production server is accessed mainly from the web as it hosts several web sites and an email server.
The servers are Lenovo TS140 ThinkServers running Microsoft 2012 R2 standard. I started last year with ASPRunner.net version 8 and am now running version 9.6. My installs of ASPRunner.net have used all the default settings. I haven't experienced any problems I could relate back to the server OS.
What else do you do on this server? Is it a production server? Do you have other applications running. Is access to the server from a local network, the web or both? At what point in the installation do you call the "initialization project environment". A typical installation should take place in seconds, certainly not days.
HTH... ~Joe