This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

need some help with borders

9/19/2016 5:42:09 PM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
A
Arkie author

I have several tables all built with the same layout, style and color. For this app, I like a spreadsheet look, so i want visible borders. I can't seem to find any rhyme or reason to make them work. I set all the table properties for "all lines and border" with a 1 pixel width.
Using Chrome, all of the tables but one initially show the borders and then flip to no borders at all. Oddly enough, one table does keep the borders. WhY?? I have no idea.

Using IE 11, the borders simply don't show up at all... EXCEPT for that one table.
I've selected and unselected the button for borders, but it doesn't seem to do anything except while doing the initial design and no effect in the compiled project.
And that one table is driving me nuts. why does it keep the borders and the others don't????
I even took the cars example app and copied my style so I'd be looking at apples and apples. In chrome, all the borders are there and they stay there.
Comments? Help??
~Joe

Pete K 9/20/2016

When you turn the borders on, are you also setting the width? I have found that all I need to do to make cell borders show up within a table is to set the width as the other properties are already set but width is set to 0 by default. If you could post a URL I'd be willing to look at the source and and see if I can tell what's going on.

A
Arkie author 9/20/2016

ok... select a list box, right click and select properties. Make the border 1 pixel for all lines and borders. It makes no difference whether I select the menu item for borders or not, the outcome is the same as shown in this link: http://162.226.17.54/
You won't see any borders if you view with Internet Explorer. With Chrome you will see the borders for a second and then they go away.
This is some simple setting somewhere since I can generate the cars example and the borders appear as designed.
I just can't find it.. go figure...

Pete K 9/21/2016

I just now saw this and unfortunately I can't view the page because of my employer's filter. I'll try to have a look this evening from home.

admin 9/23/2016

My guess is that you need to turn off column resizing feature to get your borders back.

A
Arkie author 9/23/2016

My guess is that you need to turn off column resizing feature to get your borders back.

Thanks for that. I knew it would be some simple something.
It's a shame that we don't have both resizing and borders. Maybe in a future release??
~Joe
edited @ 3 pm=====

WHOA!!! I turned off the column resizing and now some of the master-detail pages are showing up as they should. I was in the process of documenting what I thought were code problems I had never seen before and now they work. I even verified the problems by turning column resizing on and off.
WARNING...USE column resizing on the MISC page at your own risk. It may also have something to do with added borders. I haven't tested this.