This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Parser error: Encountered end tag "tr" with no matching start tag

5/9/2016 10:47:43 AM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
Pete K author

This is a real head-scratcher. On my first attempt at creating a report, I get this YSOD error.
Parser Error

[/size]Description:An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.
Parser Error Message:Encountered end tag "tr" with no matching start tag. Are your start/end tags properly balanced?
Source Error:
Line 370: Summary for @(Model.displayVar("label Member_Training_Report School")) @(Model.displayVar("School_grval"))Line 371: - <SPAN class="summary-1" data-type="summary" data-value="@(Model.displayVar("groupSchool_total_cnt"))">@(Model.displayVar("groupSchool_total_cnt"))</span> records total</div></td>Line 372: </tr>Line 373: }Line 374: }

Source File:/Views/Member_Training_Report/report.cshtml Line:372 [/size]
[font="Verdana"][size="2"]I have not modified the report in any way. Just a point-and-click affair with some joined tables. When I look at the source file, I can see the opening <tr> tag. Here's part of that file:[/size]
[font="Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif"]

<!------------------------------------- group summary ----------------------------------------->

foreach (string _TrainingID_endgroup in Model.GetSection("TrainingID_endgroup", this)){

<tr class="summaryrow" >

<td style="border-top: none;" class="group_1"></td>

<td class=group_2 colspan=7 >

Summary for @(Model.displayVar("label Member_Training_Report TrainingID")) @(Model.displayVar("TrainingID_grval"))

- <SPAN class="summary-2" data-type="summary" data-value="@(Model.displayVar("groupTrainingID_total_cnt"))">@(Model.displayVar("groupTrainingID_total_cnt"))</span> records total</div></td>

</tr>

}

foreach (string _School_endgroup in Model.GetSection("School_endgroup", this)){

<tr class="summaryrow" >

<td class=group_1 colspan=8 >

Summary for @(Model.displayVar("label Member_Training_Report School")) @(Model.displayVar("School_grval"))

- <SPAN class="summary-1" data-type="summary" data-value="@(Model.displayVar("groupSchool_total_cnt"))">@(Model.displayVar("groupSchool_total_cnt"))</span> records total</div></td>

</tr>

}

}

Any ideas?

Pete K author 5/9/2016

UPDATE: After examining the code more closely, I see the real problem. There are two orphan closing div tags in the summary section. When I remove them, the report displays as expected. But of course, upon each rebuild it reverts. Looks like a bug, no?

admin 5/9/2016

Looks like a bug to me but I would need to see more details. You can post your application to Demo Account and contact support directly.

Pete K author 5/10/2016

Looks like a bug to me but I would need to see more details. You can post your application to Demo Account and contact support directly.

Thanks. Will do.

Pete K author 6/15/2016

I submitted this as a bug and in case anyone else is having this issue with 8.1, there is a patch that involves replacing two of the report bricks. Contact support if you need the patch. I assume it is fixed in 9.0 but have not verified this.