This topic is locked

Hide / Show a field according to the value of other fields

10/27/2015 10:50:03 AM
Suggestions
pasquito author

In these days when working with a plug forms (gravity forms) for wordpress I came across a feature that I think would be of great benefit if implemented in PHPRunner.
This new feature is the ability to show or hide a field based on the criteria added by the users. These criteria refers to the value that the user or the value that the user selects one or many fields.
Here are some screenshots.
First of all, this option must be implemented in the properties of each field. It is that this customization feature must be activated for each field to which you want to give the ability to show or hide.

1. In this first image is the option to be activated as an option. By default if this option is not always the active field is displayed.

2. The basic options enable initial unfolds

3. In the field that you are customizing gives you the option to "show" or "hide".

4. "show" or "hide" when:

to. "All" criteria fields listed below are met, or.

b. "Any" criteria fields are met.

5. In the bottom field which would serve as one criteria selects one. For each selected field no criteria as "is", "not", "greater than" less than ", etc.

6. Then you must select the value if a drop-down list or enter a value if it is a field where the user must enter a value. This must be done for each field you want to add as a criterion and for this there is a "+" button to add new fields.

Not if you ask someone before as a necessity, but it would help a lot in customizability.
Awaiting your prompt implementation and comment.
Sincerely,
Pasquito.

pasquito author 11/27/2015

I tried to explain and illustrate by the screenshots this new feature suggestion that could be added to PHPRunner. Seeing no comments maybe I did not explain well or understand and believe this could be very valuable feature.
I would appreciate knowing what you think.

admin 12/1/2015

While this suggestion is interesting we already have similar functionality in PHPRunner:

http://xlinesoft.com/phprunner/docs/show_dropdown_list_of_us_states.htm
I understand the need of having something visual but writing and maintaining a few conditions like this is easier in Event Editor where you can see all of them. Not to mention you can mix it with other code that does something useful.
I would agree that something like this is useful for a tool like Wordpress where you cannot easily add your own code and users generally are less technical.