This topic is locked

Showing ItemIndex column

10/13/2015 2:12:16 AM
ASPRunnerPro General questions
C
ccvvccc author

Hi guys,
Does anybody know how to show ItemIndex in a list page?
Example:

1 Apple

2 Cherry

3 Watermelon
Note: I dont want to show PKID or any other column. I want to add ItemIndex column additionally. In other words, I want to show the row number.(index of row)
Thanks for help.

acaruson 10/18/2015

Hi guys,
Does anybody know how to show ItemIndex in a list page?
Example:

1 Apple

2 Cherry

3 Watermelon
Note: I dont want to show PKID or any other column. I want to add ItemIndex column additionally. In other words, I want to show the row number.(index of row)
Thanks for help.

So you basically just want to show a number for each ROW? regardless of what record is in the row? So no matter how you sort, it always numbers the rows, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

Or is the "ID" you're talking about unique to each record?

C
ccvvccc author 10/19/2015

So you basically just want to show a number for each ROW? regardless of what record is in the row? So no matter how you sort, it always numbers the rows, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

Or is the "ID" you're talking about unique to each record?

Yes, I basically just want to show a number for each ROW. It foesnt2 matter after sorting. For example. there are 10 rows in the table and It should be from 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10 in the first columns of the rows.
Thanks for reply.
Actually I wanted to ask this question for AspRunner.net . But I 've opened it in the wrong place. So can admin please move this topic to asprunner.net questions?

acaruson 10/19/2015

Yes, I basically just want to show a number for each ROW. It foesnt2 matter after sorting. For example. there are 10 rows in the table and It should be from 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10 in the first columns of the rows.
Thanks for reply.
Actually I wanted to ask this question for AspRunner.net . But I 've opened it in the wrong place. So can admin please move this topic to asprunner.net questions?

So if record "Adams" is 1 and record "Zebra" is 10...then you re-sort the list...and "zebra" is 1 and "Adams" is 10?

No matter how data is sorted...records are always listed 1-10 etc.?

C
ccvvccc author 10/19/2015

So if record "Adams" is 1 and record "Zebra" is 10...then you re-sort the list...and "zebra" is 1 and "Adams" is 10?

No matter how data is sorted...records are always listed 1-10 etc.?

First of all , acaruson, thanks for interest.
Actually, I will be happy for one the scenarios below..
Scenario 1: 1 Adams , 2 Zebra , 3 Monkey . Some kind of sort. Then -> 1 Zebra , 2 Monkey, 3 Adams.

Scenario 2: 1 Adams , 2 Zebra , 3 Monkey . Some kind of sort. Then -> 2 Zebra , 3 Monkey, 1 Adams.
I dont care very much after sorting.. But if you can give a solution for "after sorting" as well, it will be perfect for me and other members of the forum...