This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Do PHPRunner applications make persistent connections?

10/9/2015 4:31:17 AM
PHPRunner General questions
B
bioman author

Hi,

I have a website that has a portion of it that uses a PHPRunner application. My site was down for about 5 hours on Monday due to 504 Gateway timeout errors. I called my hosting company and sent in a support ticket, but was told it must be a coding issue, perhaps with persistent connections being left open. I think that they are wrong, since I've had the same code for quite some time with no problems. I am pretty confident that I haven't manually written any code with persistent connections that stay open, but I was wondering if PHPRunner generates code that makes persistent connections that might be left open, resulting in a 504 Gateway Timeout. Does it? If so, is it possible to modify the code? Would this even be helpful? I appreciate any insight into this question. Thanks,

Brett

admin 10/12/2015

PHPRunner doesn't use persistent connections, must be something not right with the web host.
The function for creating persistent connections from PHP to MySQL is mysql_pconnect:

http://php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-pconnect.php
We use mysqli_connect or mysql_connect, based on what is available.

B
bioman author 10/12/2015

Thanks Sergey for the clarification,

Upon further investigation, it seems as if the problem was a route leak (according to CloudFlare) but I'm not totally certain yet. Thanks,

Brett