This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Format a Chart Legend

1/16/2015 7:06:02 AM
PHPRunner General questions
T
taumic author

Hello,

does anyone have experience in the format of charts?

I have a chart with Telephone Numbers(=Bparty) and the numbers are also shown in the legend.

Unfortunately with a decimal point and thousands separator.
How can I format the data in the legend of charts?
Scrrenshot : www.taupp.net/!download/TopRufnummer.png
Many thanks
taumic

HJB 1/16/2015

... seems as if a simple change from NUMBER to TEXT field formatting could do the trick here ...

T
taumic author 1/18/2015

... seems as if a simple change from NUMBER to TEXT field formatting could do the trick here ...

Thank you walk2fly,

unfortunately, it is not so easy. Even with "show as text" is this formatting of legend for example "11,111,111.11".

Curiously, the "bparty" field in mysql is declared as varchar.
Someone another idea?
Greetings
taumic

HJB 1/19/2015

... since the CHART plugin is a third party "Flash Movie" oriented SWF product I'm assuming that any NUMBER shall be automatically formatted as seen at your end, simply for better reading purpose, so, rather than to drill deep into the PHPR v8.0 or MySQL code arena on any trouble-shooting, I fear that the problem is solely with that very third party product, accordingly, a tentative trial to place e.g. symbols like "*" or else suitable like e.g. ASCII code for "space" via pressed ALT-key plus relevant number in front or behind the telephone number to somehow at least try to "tell" the third party product to pleez simply forget about the inside SWF code programmed formatting, it could become a workaround (possibly) as it would be not recognized by the third party product as a number (possibly) then.

T
taumic author 1/19/2015

... since the CHART plugin is a third "Flash Movie" oriented SWF product I'm assuming that any NUMBER shall be formatted as seen at your end, simply for better reading purpose, so, rather than to drill deep into the PHPR v8.0 ofr MySQL code arena on any trouble-shooting, I fear that the problem is solely with that very third party product, accordingly, a tentative trial to place e.g. symbols like "*" or else suitable like e.g. ASCII code for "space" via pressed ALT-key plus relevant number in front or behind the telephone number to somehow at least try to "tell" the third party to pleez simply forget about the inside SWF code programmed formatting, it could become a workaround (possibly) as it would be not recognized by the htird party product as a number (possibly) then.

Thank you walk2fly,

... it's crazy, but you're right. A space does not help - it will be removed (trim). So I now have a set "".

==> In the query "concat ('
', bparty) as bparty," added - that's it.

Many Thanks,
taumic