This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Date Field not searching

8/21/2014 12:03:12 AM
ASPRunnerPro General questions
W
Wallaroo author

Hi
I have a database query field which is calculated within access to show results in date format of yyyy/mm/dd. This field configures as a date with search settings in ASPRunner 8.0 OK, however, when I try to search the field on the test server, this field returns "No records found". I am wondering if I need to change the field to custom code instead of "Short Date" in ASPRunner 8.0 to make it work. Any help would be appreciated.

G
gonzalosb 8/21/2014

i think that may by is because of the date format you use vs date format on the ASPR project.

i can think on 2 options that maybe help you to resolve it.
option 1. Go to MISC section where you can select the language and on "OUTPUT CODE PAGE" change it to "france"

option 2. change the date format on the database as US format and use the standard unicode(UTF-8)
try that and see what happen.

admin 8/22/2014

The display format of date is irrelevant. Date fields are stored in the database in internal format.
What you need to do is to make sure you do not enter dates manually into search fields. Use datepickers for this purpose.

W
Wallaroo author 9/2/2014

The display format of date is irrelevant. Date fields are stored in the database in internal format.
What you need to do is to make sure you do not enter dates manually into search fields. Use datepickers for this purpose.

Sergey
I am not adding dates in manually. I am using the dropdowns provided in ASPRunner 8.0. I have tried many options over the past weeks on different databases but the short answer is that ASPRunner is not searching for a date range when the field is a calculated date. The calculated field is a DateAdd field (CompletionDate) + (Validityindays) to give an expiry date. The field is configured in Access as a "Short Date" (DD/MM/YYYY) and displays correctly in the query as well as in ASPRunner. Just to clarify my post above, I have tried both YYYY/MM/DD AND DD/MM/YYYY formats without any luck.

admin 9/2/2014

Date formats are irrelevant to search.
I saw your ticket and replied with some additional questions.