This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

oracle connection

7/17/2014 9:24:07 PM
ASPRunnerPro General questions
J
Joseph Zuanger author

All,
I am new to the Oracle database. I have a Asprunner pro and have Oracle 11g installed. I cannot figure out how to make the connection. My database administrator cannot help me neither. Here is his parameter normally used for connection:
GTLPRD =

(DESCRIPTION =

(ADDRESS_LIST =

(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = hostname.com)(PORT = 1529))

)

(CONNECT_DATA = (SID = gtlprd))

)
The readonly account userID is: ABC123 and the password is: xyz40
Any help on how to make the connection is appreciated.
Thanks!
Joe

admin 7/18/2014

What connection settings do you use in ASPRunnerPro? What error messages do you get?

J
Joseph Zuanger author 7/20/2014

What connection settings do you use in ASPRunnerPro? What error messages do you get?

In the host/name section: hostname.com:1529 alse tried hostname.com

Then username

password
The error message is: the listener was not given the SERVICE_NAME in CONNECT_DATA
Looks like I do not know where to put the database name.
Thanks!
Joe

admin 7/21/2014

You need to use the same connection settings you use in other other software that you use to connect to this Oracle database. Unfortunately we cannot help you with tnsnames.ora configuration, we are not experts in this area. Once you configured it properly ASPRunnerPro will connect.
Another option - try to configure ODBC DSN for this Oracle database and use this DSN in ASPRunnerPro (connect via ODBC datasource option)

J
Joseph Zuanger author 7/21/2014

You need to use the same connection settings you use in other other software that you use to connect to this Oracle database. Unfortunately we cannot help you with tnsnames.ora configuration, we are not experts in this area. Once you configured it properly ASPRunnerPro will connect.
Another option - try to configure ODBC DSN for this Oracle database and use this DSN in ASPRunnerPro (connect via ODBC datasource option)

Thanks! I figured out the connection using the following in host/ service name:
"hostaddress:1529/data base name"
Thanks!
Joe