This topic is locked

Lookup Wizard Clear Button

2/22/2014 7:47:12 AM
Suggestions
A
Anapolis author

I think a useful Addition for PHPRunner would be a Master Clear Settings button, so to speak.
I never feel confident that when I change the individual settings for a Page in the Editor for List, View, Edit, Add.. that PHPRunner will overwrite previous settings that I have experimented with.
For instance, if I change a Lookup Wizard setting that uses another table of lookup values and then Build and Export to the test site to test it I may want to change the lookup Wizard settings, and it may happen repeatedly in the testing Output stage of project development.
And I may decide to present a field then without a Lookup Wizard setting at all.
However, even after Project Save and a new Build I might return to the field setting and select the lookup Wizard option to verify that the previous Lookup Wizard setting is Blank.
And I may just see that PHPRunner has held on to old Lookup Wizard definitions that are completely filled out from a previous experiment or choice.
If we had a RESET all Settings for a Particular View (List, Add, Edit, View, Print) that would BLANK those values it would guarantee that PHPRunner is starting with a clean definition.
In looking at the settings files before I have sometimes seen contradicting Wizard conditions for the same Add or Edit or List, for example.
A CLEAR VÃŒEW Settings Control or Button would make sure that old ghosts of previous settings are eliminated.