This topic is locked

UI Suggestions

9/26/2013 9:55:21 AM
Suggestions
pasquito author

Good morning friends PHPRunner .
After using this product for many years , I would suggest some features that I think could help improve their use.
Sorry if my English is not understood. I am speaking, however will do san use google to translate what I mean.

The screenshots are from another application, I use them as an illustration to show what I mean.
The progress of a version 7.0 is impressive, but could be better if you take into account these suggestions.
1 RUN STORED PROCEDURES : The ability to call or execute stored procedures , passing parameters. This option should be where you create views , reports . In form to display the results of the stored procedure must have the ability to set another form through which details the parameters that usuaruio get in, including the ability to validate these values ​​entered by the user.
2 VIEWS / REPORTING TABLES MULTI : When you create a view / reports , PHPRunner necessarily compels you or believed to descend from a table . This restriction apparently because for key field validation . This subsequent effect on their ability to do searches , etc. . But generally are multitable views , so it would be necessary not to restrict it down to a table. Or better yet ask if created from a single table or multitable .
3 DYNAMICALLY GROUPED LIST FORM : In the form that displays the reports gives you the possibility to display them grouped , which is excellent.

It would be excellent list form also has the ability to group but dynamically. In the development stage, would set the fields and the order in which they grouped, and then at runtime can enable or disable fields (default under development) through which you want the data grouped together dynamically.
A small screenshot of how it could be. Here you just need to select options that allow the fields by which you want to group.

An example with dynamic grouped.

4 NEW FORM OF DISTRIBUTION LIST OF MASTER - SLAVE : Currently the organizational form of the listings master / slave is from top to bottom (vertical ). However, to improve visibility and user handling of this type of application it is suggested that there is further the possibility that the distribution of left to right (horizontal). The new distribution is far more intuitive to use for the user.
Below is a screenshot of what could be.

Another example with 03 levels.

One possibility distribution more could be next.

5 MDI FORMS : Currently you can only have a single form, which in turn contains with the help of ajax ( slave master case ) to others, but visually appears to just one. What this suggests is that there is a form main compartment, inside contains one or more forms, and that the developer can decide what to put in each of them. Even there the possibility of passing parameters from one form to another , which means that a form react based on the information provided in the other.
Below is a screenshot of what could be.

another example

6 VARIOUS DATABASE CONNECTIONS: Until the current version, you can only work with a single database connection, but in the practical development requires the application to access more than one database, including different type (eg mysql and sql server at the same time). This gives higher final application data can integrate different database engine.
7 ENCRYPTED PASSWORD : Currently you can encrypt the password or any specific field . In the case of passwords only for users that are logged by the application running, but that does not apply to users who are already registered .
In the hope that these suggestions are taken into consideration and hoping to be implemented in version 7.0.
Sincerely .
Pasquito .

admin 9/27/2013

Pasquito,
thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately some of them is not easy to understand. Would mind providing some screenshots or mockups that would illustrate bullets 2-5? This can help us understand what you mean better.

pasquito author 10/16/2013

I've done an update on the suggestions now include some images.
I hope that the suggestions can be take into account.
Sincerely,
Pasquito.

pasquito author 10/18/2013

One more suggestion
8. NEW FILTERING OPTIONS
If you could add filtering capabilities with other controls, as shown in the picture. It would also need the addition of new templates that would allow filtering options are below the menu, such as shown below. Each filter option has no effect on the listing shown above lines.
Another interesting thing is that the appearance of the list shown, bootstrap uses as a framework, so we suggest you take as part of PHPRunner.
http://www.freelancer.in/work/smarty-templates-phprunner/PHP/1/

admin 10/18/2013

Thank you. We do have plans to implement some of features mentioned in bullets #3, #4 and #5. Other features are either not 100% clear (#2) or not easy to implement (#1,#6) or implemented already in some way (#7,#8).

pasquito author 10/19/2013

Thanks for answering Sergey, despite my insistence that I get to be annoying.

I know it will require great effort. Tendre patience while these implementations are given ..
Sincerely, pasquito.

pasquito author 8/12/2014

Good Morning Mr of PHPRunner
Since we are taking giant steps in implementing new features in PHPRunner and derivatives, I would like to ask if you can prioritize the following:
1 RUN STORED PROCEDURES / Update / Delete / Insert / Create queries / · Unions / DISTINCT keyword
  : The Ability to call or execute stored procedures, passing parameters. This option Should be where you create views, reports. In form to display the results of the stored procedure must have the Ability to September through another form That Which details the parameters usuaruio get in, treats including the Ability to validate values ​​in Original Entered by the user.
In many queries and updates is necessary to use Update / Delete / Insert / Create queries / · Unions / DISTINCT keyword. So it would be nice PHPRunner may already support these clauses of SQL.
reference: http://www.asprunner.com/forums/topic/21647-how-to-call-a-mysql-stored-procedure-with-output-parameters/
Reference: http://www.asprunner.com/forums/topic/22316-stored-procedures-in-phprunner/
2 VIEWS / REPORTING TABLES MULTI: When you create a view / reports, compels you or PHPRunner Necessarily Believed to descend from a table. This restriction Apparently Because key field for validation. This subsequent effect on Their Ability to do searches, etc. . But generally are multitable views, so it would not be Necessary to restrict it down to a table. Or better yet ask if created from a single table or multitable.
3 Dynamically GROUPED LIST FORM: In the form displays the reports That Gives You The Possibility to display them grouped, Which is excellent.

It would be excellent list form Also has the Ability to group but dynamically. In the development stage, would September the fields and the order in Which they 'grouped, and then at runtime can enable or disable fields (default under development) through Which you want the data grouped together dynamically.
7 ENCRYPTED PASSWORD: Currently you can encrypt the password or any specific field. In the case of passwords only for users That are logged by the application running, but That does not apply to users who are already registered.
In the Hope That These suggestions are taken into consideration and hoping Mil in version 8.0.
NEW- "BACKUP DATABASE" Support for that from the application developed with PHPRunner you may have the option of taking a backup of the database or databases that are selected. If you could distinguish within each data base gives excellent serious specific tables.
Reference: http://www.asprunner.com/forums/topic/19399-how-to-create-a-dump-of-mysql-database-in-one-click/
NEW- "RANDOM NAMING FILES TO UPLOAD". For now PHPRunner assigned the name to the file based on the file name, however that would be excellent possibility to be implemented PHPRunner who assigned name for each uploaded file randomly not allow repeated. If that generation can be done under a parameter would be excellent.
On the forum somewhere, makes a read an article that indicated some of it time, but resorted to external libraries.
Sincerely.
Pasquito.

pasquito author 8/12/2014

Buenas Noches from Peru
It can be deployed in point 7 of the original post of this sequence.
7 ENCRYPTED PASSWORD OF USERS: Currently you can encrypt the password or any specific field with "Data encryption" (Enterprise Edition feature). In the case of passwords (only) for users That registr by the application are running, but That does not apply to users who are already registered.
DETAILED EXPLANATION:
New users who register by the registration form, if the password encryption has to be pre-activated "Data encryption" works, but for those already created or registered users can not encrypt the password.
Would have the ability to enable the development tool PHPRunner whichever option encrypt the password of users who will have access to the system (whether already registered or new), perhaps as an extension of what already exists in the enterprise version ("Data encryption"). Among the encryption options could add to select md5, SHA or SHA1, AES or other part of the already defined in the Data encryption enterprise version.
So far I could not encrypt the user's password, that is now stored in clear text in the database. All I made ​​is that when listing it, to be replaced by the symbol '*'.
REFERENCE IN FORUM:
http://www.asprunner.com/forums/topic/15692-encrypt-and-decrypt-data-in-the-database-with-phprunner-5-3/ (If it does not work in 7.1 PHPRunner)
http://www.asprunner.com/forums/topic/15731-encrypt-mysql-data-using-aes/ (If it does not work in 7.1 PHPRunner)
Although there is an external solution in the forums, it would be interesting PHPRunner already have implemented natively, do not you think.

• If you know how to fix it share it.
    best regards,
    Pasquito