This topic is locked

Slow performance with ASPRunnerPro6.3

5/5/2011 2:49:42 AM
ASPRunnerPro General questions
M
mstx04 author

I am converting an ASPRunnerPro5.1 project to ASPRunner6.3. I have noticed that performance is not as good as it has been.
I have tested with a small table containing 37 rows. The list page displays only one field.
The following stats are from Firebug.
A:

ASPRunnerPro5.1

list.asp 60ms

Total Page load 180ms

Request 8

Size 150KB
B:

ASPRunnerPro6.3 (new project)

list.asp 670ms

Total Page load 1.8s

Requests 38

Size 1M
C:

ASPRunnerPro6.3 (converted project from 5.1)

list.asp 2.9s

Total Page load 4.4s

Requests 26

Size 1MB
A and B are both created from scratch for performance testing. A is created with 5.1 version and B with 6.3 version. A and B projects contain pages for 3 tables. C project is a production project that has been converted from 5.1 to 6.3 version. The C project contains pages for about 100 tables.
All three projects use the same query to fetch the same amount of data. Still is the differences huge! I find it strange that the differences between B and C also are huge. The only difference that I can think of is that C is converted from a 5.1 project and that C contains 100 tables whereas B contains 3. But it doesn't explain to me why C is so much slower.
I have enabled the debug varible to have a look at the queries. Nothing suspicious there.
I have also read the following blog, but it didn't help. http://xlinesoft.com/blog/2011/04/08/improving-perfomance-of-phprunnerasprunnerpro-applications/
Do anyone have answers to why performance has decreased? Have anyone had similar problems?

admin 5/5/2011

I recommend to check ASP specific note at the end of that blog article.
Contact support directly if you need more help troubleshooting this issue.

M
mstx04 author 5/5/2011

I have checked that thread model on the application pool is STA.
My test shows that older versions of ASPRunner were a lot faster. The code base has changed a lot since 5.1 version so I assume there's a bit of unoptimized code that is slowing down the generated application. Load time has increased from 60 ms to 600ms. That's a tenfold increase in load time.
Have anyone else experienced slower applications after upgrade?

admin 5/5/2011

Contact support directly if you need more help troubleshooting this issue. We'll be glad to assist you.

pbunyon99 6/6/2011

I am experiencing the same slow performance. So far I've tried...

-not compressing Java

-turn off 'Loading' message

-do not have any lookups in search panel

-do have 'Case-Sensitive' search turned on

-set IIS ASP ver to 2.0

-made a new IIS application pool.. but can't find the settings described in article or just to difficult to implement

-number of records on page is the default

-do not have 'Move to Next' option set

-turned off 10 of 20 cols in the search panel

-only having testing List view.. once on screen, the popup or page view seems ok

-List view has Ajax and all the other options checked
I have sent a message to support also.

Is there any new version comming out to fix ?

Thanks.

pbunyon99 6/6/2011

I don't understand.. I even checked the option

to put 'No Records on first page' and it still took

a good 15 seconds to load the page... what is up ???

admin 6/6/2011

You need to check 'ASP specific notes' at http://xlinesoft.com/blog/2011/04/08/improving-perfomance-of-phprunnerasprunnerpro-applications/
Answered to your personal message as well.