This topic is locked

access to database after next payment date expires

3/8/2009 11:11:00 PM
Members Template General Questions
J
jasp author

Hi,
my members site has an annual and 6 month options. To test what happens when the next payment date expires I changed the date on a test member account. I can still acces the databse even though the payment date is two days ago.
Does this mean that once the member hads a password they have access until I untick the paid check box myself or is this just because I have changed the payment due date manually?
Thanks,
Steve

J
Jane 3/12/2009

Steve,
It's difficult to tell you what's happening without seeing actual files.
Please publish your project on Demo Account and open a ticket at http://support.xlinesoft.com sending a URL to your pages along with instructions on reproducing this error.

W
wypman 3/27/2009

Steve,

It's difficult to tell you what's happening without seeing actual files.
Please publish your project on Demo Account and open a ticket at http://support.xlinesoft.com sending a URL to your pages along with instructions on reproducing this error.

I have experienced exactly the same problem. I changed the beginpay to 2008-01-02 and the end pay to 2009-01-02, Paypal was set to a value of 1, but it still let me login. What checks to see if it has expired?
I presume its in this part of the function AfterSuccessfulLogin code:

global $conn;

global $dal;

$rs = $dal->memusers->Query("Username='" . $username . "' and Password='" . $password . "'","");

$data1 = db_fetch_array($rs);

//$tmpSQL="select * from memusers where Username='" . $username . "' and Password='" . $password . "'";

//$rs = db_query($tmpSQL,$conn);

//if($data1 = db_fetch_array($rs))

if($data1)

{

$begindate=$data1["Beginpay"];

$enddate=$data1["Endpay"];

$_SESSION["ppuid"]=$data1["ID"];

if($data1["Paypal"]==0)

{

header("Location: login.php?a=pp0");

exit();

}

if(strtotime($enddate)-strtotime($begindate)!=0 && (strtotime($enddate)-strtotime($begindate))/(60*60*24)<0)

{

header("Location: login.php?a=pp1");

exit();

}

}
J
Jane 3/31/2009

Thank you for pointing me to this bug.

We'll fix it in the next update.
Here is the correct code:

if(strtotime($enddate)-strtotime($begindate)!=0 && (strtotime($enddate)-strtotime("now"))/(606024)<0)

{

header("Location: login.php?a=pp1");

exit();

}

W
wypman 4/5/2009

Thank you for pointing me to this bug.

We'll fix it in the next update.
Here is the correct code:

Thanks for that Jane I'll give it a try..